Friday, April 28, 2006

Cezar

This is how Cezar looks when he is not washing dishes!

Cezar and Sandra are moving to Barcelona. He promises to return to Palm Desert next year for more Latin Fusion. I certainly hope so. I am not ready to lose my friend OR Latin Fusion!

In the past couple of months Cezar- who is from Columbia and is here to study English and be with Sandra- and I have been meeting before class, he to converse in English and I in Spanish.
Here is a story told me in one of our pre class conversations.

Once there was a sheperd who wanted nothing more than to find a treasure. In a dream he was told to go Egypt in order to find a treasure under the great pyramid. Off the sheprd went, crossing many borders, meeting many people, learning many languages and having many experiences. When he finally came to the great pyramid he dug and dug and dug and dug and dug until finally he came upon a small metal box. Eagerly he prized the box open and found a note saying: the treasure is under a rock back where you were once tending sheep.
The tresor, says Cezar, is the journey. He tells me:I wanted nothing so badly as I wanted all of my life to go to New York City. I had posters of New York on all of the walls of my room. Now, I have discovered that everything is the treasure.
Cezar and Sandra will pass through New York on the way to Barcelona.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web solutions : redtopia