Friday, November 10, 2006

John T.



Another member of New Directions Choir, John T., works in detox admissions at New Directions.
He showed me the two large rooms each with, if I remember correctly, about 12 beds and adjoining bathrooms that are specifically for detox. In both rooms there was a big bowl of fresh green apples. There was no one in either room at the time of my visit thus leaving the misery of detox to my imagination.
I think John T. might be a perfect sort of person to admit those courageous enough to check themselves in. He is a gentle, soft spoken man who knows, himself, the kind of courage that it takes to show up.

As the other members of the choir, he also sings like an angel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web solutions : redtopia