Wednesday, May 02, 2007

PLEASE STAY TUNED!

I am leaving tonight on a 17 hr flight to Bangkok. After some hours of rest in an airport hotel, it will be up again at 3 am to board Druk Royal Air for Bhutan. There are severe weight and size restrictions on Druk. Wish it helped that I am thin but I think it has to do with a tiny overhead compartment and I am not that thin! Anyway, all packed now, hopefully within the restrictions, and ready to go.
Bhutan is the only fully Buddhist counry. The impact of being in a country that lives according the the Buddhas words could well be significant.
I will be a guest of Dr. Pema Thinley, the Minister of Education. I will be there to work on a photo project that will become a picture book for children about Gross National Happiness, that country's particular and unique governmental priority. A huge subject to be sure and, in a country that is sovisually vivid, my work of finding the small, telling focus will be challenging.
I am expecting this trip to be one of absorbing everything. I may well have to go back to work on the focused pov. Somehow I rather doubt going back woulld be much of a penance!
Anyway, off on a very big adventure that could well be punctuated with internet access. If it is, I will do my best to write in the blog and, if I can figure out how to post a picture on a hotel or cafe computer I will do that.

After Bhutan, I will be going to Japan to greet a baby granddaughter. Bound to be pics there! Check joliejam.
So, please, stay tuned. I will love thinking of you being vicariously on this adventure.

ps as I was writing I just got a call from a friend telling me to watch NBC. Apparantly the today show is in Bhutan. Right time, right place!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web solutions : redtopia