Sunday, October 28, 2007

Bhutan - Ugyen


Meet my friend, Ugyen. Ugyen was once a monk and is now married, has a little girl and is living in Thimphu. Ugyen is also quite a fine photographer. A good bit of the time in Bhutan I was traveling with him*. Ugyen is THE reason that I was able to go into the Punakha and Paro Dzongs before hours. Furthermore, it is Ugyen that managed to get me invited into the rooms of two monks, both good friends of his, to take pictures.
One room was not so much a monk's cell as a small but beautiful art studio cum bed and stove belonging to the monk in charge of the creation of fine art painting in the Paro Dzong. You will meet this most talented monk and friend of Ugyen's next.

* I do love to say I traveled Bhutan with an ex-monk!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web solutions : redtopia