Monday, January 11, 2010

iN SF



in SF now for the culture fix and , when I can get it, time with A. and L.

On Sunday we went to Davies Symphony Hall for a matinee performance.
Above is the magnificent hall as the musicians tuned up for a super performance. Work by a contemporary composer, George Benjamin, was featured along with Debussy and Mendelsshon. The contemporary piece was enhanced by a preconcert discussion with Benjamin himself who enlightened the audience with explanations pertaining to his thought, intention and delight. ( a bit I particularly remember is a description of a movement wherein the melody is countered with a harmony that is the same refrain only backwards and upside down...think about THAT a while!)

The Mendelsshon was the Scottish Symphony. I remember thinking ~ I am going to be sad when this is over and I was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web solutions : redtopia