Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Porque. Why.......Elena



Porque. Why. - a focus on reasons for immigration from Latin America

opened at Lindsay McCandless Contemporary in Jackson last Friday.

The photos are on a 20 x 20 sheet of paper with the text on the lower half.

The text is the answer, in the subject's own words, to the questions: Why have you come to this country and what is your goal/ dream?

There are 24 images. You wont be able to read the text so, for each of the images, I will include it in the post.

The first is Elena. Her words:

I came here to find economic progress for my family and myself.

My dream is to be a nurse and to go back to my country feeling proud to have been in a country that offers so many opportunities.
country of origin - Mexico

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web solutions : redtopia