Thursday, October 11, 2007

Bhutan - Traditional Medicine





Now that we are actually inside the traditional medicine doctor's office I have to admit to you that I know next to nothing about this form of medical treatment. I can tell you that the doctor was calm, serious and attentive and graciously welcomed me into his small room. As you will see in the second picture, he made a chart available to each patient that appears to elucidate the method of treatment. In the following two pictures the doctor is writing his prescription and making sure that the patient understands what is needed.
For GNH purposes, I would like to point out the importance Bhutanese culture to traditional ways of doing things. Very soon I will introduce you to my friend, Sangay Wangchuck, who has written a fine about the old ways of doing things in Bhutan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web solutions : redtopia