Monday, September 25, 2006

The Pithy Pit



Just as I had a notion that, once I became an elder, the young would gather at my feet to learn from my wisdom, I had a similar notion that, once we built a firepit, friends and family would gather round it drinking wine and roasting things on sticks. The fire pit is now 3 summers old and has been used once. I have no more idea why this is than I do about the lack of young seeking my pithy gems. Even at Jolie and Owain's beautiful wedding and despite the wood being laid, we forgot to light the it.
Last night we changed all of that. Last night we gathered around the pit and, even though there were no family and friends to join us, we lit the fire, roasted things on sticks and drank wine. The latter element probably caused us to articulate some damn good wisdom too. The young, of course, missed out yet again.

1 Comments:

Blogger joliejam said...

oh i would if i could !
roast things on sticks that is ...
so will you do it again ?

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web solutions : redtopia