Thursday, October 18, 2007

Bhutan -Happiness


Here is my friend, Sangay. ( Sangay is quoted below as he writes about the importance of home altars in Bhutan )
Sangay, in addition to being a published writer - his book is SEEING WITH THE THIRD EYE, Growing up with Angay in Rural Bhutan - is a fine tourist guide. HIs company is Etho- Metho Tours in Thimphu, Bhutan.

When asked: What makes you happy? Sangay wrote the following:

My philosophy is that I look at life the way I look at a coin. If one can understand both sides of the coin, then the coin is not a coin at all. Just like the coin, we have the two sides in life. One side is the ' Self ' and the other side is 'Other'.
To achieve happiness or harmony, we need to understand both the sides of life.
For me, I opted to understand the 'Others' rather than pursuing more on the 'Self'.
Understanding and working for 'Others' makes my own ' Self' a better being.
One may argue that 'Self' search is more important but my point is that the goodness of the 'Self'' is radiated from the 'Other'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web solutions : redtopia