Saturday, January 12, 2008

Bhutan - Tatshang Monastery

Fading and appearing the the mist like a Bhutanese Brigadoon is Takshang Monastery.  I have saved it for the last post in this 6 month long focus on Bhutan.  The pleasure of the trek up the approximate 3000 ft to the monastery perched on a sheer cliff face at 10,299 feet was what I saved for myself as a last day treat.
As you see, the day was misty and quite often more than that, so it was a fresh way, not to hot and thereby not too tiring.
Along the way we, Tashi, Ugyen and I, stopped at a little tea house for this view then proceed on up the steady switch backs.  Somehow the file with the rest of the pictures - exterior was all that was allowed - was lost.  It is just as well.  For me the whole thing was indelible.  For you, you must go see for yourself.

Tashi and I will begin pulling this all together for the book next week.  Next week the focus will be not so much on these pictures as the point of view of GNH.  As these points become clear I will post a few favorites for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web solutions : redtopia