Saturday, January 12, 2008

Bhutan - Little Monks


Early on in this posting we visited the monastery for the young monks.
Here is a revisit with some more images.

My mind created an entire story around this little, little monk.  He was, when I came upon him, sitting well apart from all of the others on some steps to a large prayer wheel.  The prayer wheel, high above the monastery, was being turned repeatedly by a rather old and fairly frail man.  Neither spoke or exchanged eye contact with one another or with me.
The man, I assumed was deep in prayer, the boy, I imagined, was deep in melancholic memory.
My hunch is that he had not been at the monastery very long at all for his mood, while definitely solitary did not seem to be that of a boy on the other side of a spat with a buddy.
Was he a new wee monk?  Was the little car all he had from what and who he had recently parted from? A moment of a question only.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web solutions : redtopia